Website Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Accessibility Policy: To see what we do to make Our Sites accessible to all, please read our Accessibility Policy by clicking this link.
Our Sites’ content
- We may from time to time change the content on Our Sites, update Our Sites, or suspend or discontinue any aspect of Our Sites.
- Whilst we have taken reasonable care to ensure that the information placed on Our Sites by us is accurate, Our Sites have been created on an “as is” basis and we do not make any representations or warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of Our Sites, nor do we warrant that any of Our Sites will be available uninterrupted and in fully operating condition.
Intellectual Property Rights in Our Sites
- All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in Our Sites, in the content of Our Sites (including images, text and product descriptions) and in the brand names, trade marks and domain names used on Our Sites belong to us or our licensors (as the case may be) and no rights are assigned to you by virtue of your access to and use of Our Sites. You can access, view and/or use any functionality on Our Sites and keep a copy of the information on Our Sites for your personal use only (provided that you clearly mark any copy as originating from Our Sites and do not alter or modify any copy in any way).
- You may not use Our Sites (including copying in whole or in part) for any commercial or business purposes including selling or otherwise exploiting Our Sites or any content included on Our Sites.
Your access to and use of Our Sites
- You must not misuse Our Sites or our system. In particular, you must not attack, hack into, circumvent security or otherwise disrupt the operation of Our Sites or our system. You must not transmit to or from Our Sites or our system any material which is technologically harmful including computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms and logic bombs.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system is adequately protected from computer viruses and hackers.
- You must not attempt to auto-download, or mass download content from Our Sites. Using software that attempts to connect to Our Sites and copy large amounts of data is prohibited.
- We may, at any time, restrict access to any user if we deem (at our sole discretion) there to be inappropriate use of Our Sites.
- If you set up an account through any of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping your username and password secure and confidential. You shall be solely responsible for the activity that occurs on or through your account.
Content you post or upload
- You and/or other users may post comments, reviews, photos, pictures, videos, audio or other material (“Content”) to any of Our Sites, where we provide the functionality to do so. Such Content will not be verified or approved by us and we are under no obligation to monitor, review or moderate any such information or materials. The views expressed by other users on Our Sites do not represent our views or values.
By submitting any Content to Our Sites you agree to the following:
- you grant to us, our licensees, assigns and successors in title a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, transferable licence to edit, modify, adapt, translate, publish, reproduce, copy, store, perform, transmit, display and otherwise use your Content in any and all media in connection with the provision of Our Sites and for the purposes of marketing, promoting and publicising Our Sites, the goods available through Our Sites and for other purposes connected with Our Sites, our goods and our business;
- you grant to each user of Our Sites a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to access, view and use your Content; and
- you grant to Love Productions Limited (our licensor and the production company behind The Great British Bake Off) (“Love”) a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free licence to edit, modify, adapt, translate, publish, reproduce, copy, store, perform, transmit, display and otherwise use your Content in any and all media including within their programmes such as The Great British Bake Off and/or The Great British Bake Off – An Extra Slice and on their associated websites and social media pages.
When you post or upload Content you confirm that:
- your Content is your own original work and has not been copied wholly or substantially from any other work or material or any other source, you are responsible for all the creative ideas and for the execution of your Content and you have not had any assistance or input from any other person; and
- anyone depicted in your Content has given their permission to be included and used in your Content and you have and will continue to have all necessary rights and permissions (including, for example, in relation to any third party intellectual property rights, moral rights, image rights and/or rights of privacy) which are required to upload your Content to Our Sites and for you to grant the licences set out in this paragraph 6.
- You will not use or upload your Content onto Our Sites in order to sell, advertise or promote your or any third party goods or services.
- You will not use your Content as a way to collect personal data about any users of Our Sites or any other information such as location and preferences of users.
You agree that you will not use Our Sites or your Content to:
- send duplicative or unsolicited messages (i.e. spam mail);
- send or store any Content which is unlawful, infringing, offensive, indecent, discriminatory, defamatory, threatening or which may otherwise cause distress or annoyance to users;
- send or store any material containing software viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs;
- do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory; or
- do anything that could disable, overburden or impair the proper working or appearance of Our Sites.
Linking to Our Sites
- You may not create a link to Our Sites or frame Our Sites on any other site without our prior written consent.
Links to other websites and social media platforms
- Our Sites may contain links to third party websites or resources. We have no control over such websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them. These links are provided for information only.
- If you decide to access any third party websites or resources from Our Sites, you do so at your own risk. We do not recommend or endorse any goods or services advertised on third party websites or resources. All such third party websites and resources are governed by their own terms and conditions, cookie policies, privacy policies and other policies (which can be accessed via the applicable website). Where you access third party websites or resources, we encourage you to review the terms and conditions and policies on that third party website or resource to check that you are happy with their terms.
Our liability to you
We do not exclude liability for
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Subject to the above paragraph:
- we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to Our Sites or any content on it, whether express or implied; and
- we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with (i) your use of, or inability to use, Our Sites; (ii) your use of or reliance on any content or information displayed on Our Sites or (iii) any third party use of your Content (it is for you to monitor any third party use and to take action against such third party if you deem it necessary).
- We only provide Our Sites for domestic and personal use and as such we will not be liable to you for any commercial or business losses such as loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity. Your liability to us
- We do not exclude liability for
© The Great Product Exchange Ltd 2020
Last updated: 12 November 2020